Full Time, Permanent
Business Development Executive
Due to continued significant growth, we now have an exciting opportunity for a Business Development Executive to join our ‘Sports & Play’ team. Reporting to the Sales Manager, you’ll be responsible for proactively identifying, qualifying, and closing new sales opportunities and developing existing customer accounts. Using a range of channels, you’ll engage with business contacts to nurture and develop relationships to drive sales growth across the UK and Europe.
- Proactively researching, identifying and qualifying new business opportunities to generate sales leads through a range of activities, including via direct contact, attending events, and collaboration with the marketing department
- Building and maintaining a sales pipeline of opportunities across our product range to achieve agreed sales targets
- Actively managing a portfolio of accounts, preparing proposals, quotations, account plans, forecasts and budgets to achieve targeted revenue growth and profitability
- Providing regular sales and status reports
- Building strong internal and external relationships through ongoing interaction and working collaboratively
- Becoming a subject matter expert for Rosehill Sports & Play products, confidently communicating product features, benefits, and advantages to prospects and customers
To succeed in this role, you’ll be positive and resilient with strong personal organisation and communication skills. Confident making outbound calls to new and existing customers you’ll be comfortable working autonomously, using your initiative to think of new ways to increase leads and sales.
By being a proactive member of the sales team, you’ll maintain and develop trusted relationships with prospective and existing customers, building a strong, in-depth knowledge of the sector and the ability to educate your contacts on the advantages of our products.
As you develop relationships across key markets you will gather and record customer and competitor information regularly sharing it with our wider sales team, so evidence of analytical ability and financial awareness is important.
- 3+ years new business sales experience, with a proven track record of success
- GCSE grade 5 (or equivalent) or above in Maths & English
- Strong IT skills – knowledge of Microsoft Office required plus Microsoft Dynamics would be beneficial
- Self-disciplined and able to work on own initiative
- Competitive salary – dependent on experience
- 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Contributory pension scheme following a qualifying period
- On-going support and the opportunity for personal and professional development